Thursday, October 16, 2008

Bread,Politics,Apples,and Pumpkins

Okay so here is mish mash of a post!

Yesterday I was in a "domestic" mood and decided that I was going to learn to make bread, so I tried white and wheat and it wasn't too bad! I really felt like I need to at least know how to make a loaf of bread if I am going to have wheat and flour in my food storage so here it is. I'm going to be a bread MASTER soon!
There is no white bread left, and this is all that's left of the wheat. Josslyn loved it!



While the bread was cooking I also made some oven dried apples. They seriously ended up cooking for 10 hours, but they turned out yummy! I got this new peeler, corer, slicer and LOVE IT! I will use apples more cause it won't be so hard!
Okay now about Politics. I have had some seriously engaging conversations lately with family and friends regarding the political here and now. I am really sick of it, but I can't stop listening, and being bugged by all the ridiculous things that are going on. I am more convinced now than ever where I stand regarding economic policy, moral issues, and other political issues, and for some of these things I am ready to make a stand. I am looking forward to voting and then having the election over. I also have been interested about the churchs position on certain issues, (issues, not candidates or political parties). I feel like it is seriously refreshing that the church has publicly shared our views and our responsibilites on issues like abortion, marriage, stem cell research etc...If you haven't read them, You should. You can find them on Lds.org or even in this months Ensign. Don't forget to Vote!

I know this is a bad picture, but here is our annual pumpkin carving results. Stu get's templates from online and We let the kids pull out all the "guts"! Then he and I end up carving the pumpkins. It was pretty fun and messy. Making memories though right?

9 comments:

Amy said...

You are such a domestic little momma, good job! I really need to learn some of that! So good job for being so involved with politics, I wish I knew more than I did. I really need to educate myself in the next little while. Darling pics of the kids with pumpkins. They are so dang cute.

Wilson Family said...

You are awesome, and all that matters is if your family will eat what you have made, they are the ones that will be doing so if, and when we have to start making our own. I love the pic's of the kids, Joss is loving every minute.

SarJuh said...

um those apple peeler things are THE BEST... i grew up eating apples that way, and it really is the only way i truely enjoy them.. and its the best way to cut your apples for apple pie.

Greg said...

The only problem with our Apple peeler-corer-slicer is if I wait to long to use it, or if the apples are to ripe then the corer prongs just make apple sauce of the seedy garbage in the middle of the apple...

As for your Politico, I have found that the more I talk about it and listen to talk radio, the more cynical I become. I like to read up on the view points and voting record of candidates and then back away from the fray. I really enjoy talking with Chuck (Bryan) about politics though, because we share beliefs and he is a FOUNTAIN of information and viewpoints.

Kelli Proctor said...

Thanks for sharing your opinion on politics, I know who I like and who I dont like but I feel kind of in the dark so everyones opinions are like gold to me right now! You are so awesome for makin bread and even having an apple peeler! What a domestic diva you are!

Nat said...

I love those apple-peeler-corer-slicers! My mom used to have one. I guess I need one now. Your kids are dolls! Love the pumpkins. I need the bread recipe from you. I haven't found a recipe i like yet. Sorry about the cabin this weekend. My parents didn't "pursue" the invite to you because Joel's family ended up at the cabin all weekend with them. I actually came down for a couple of days with my kids and sort of wish I hadn't. It was a full house with em's whole family and in-laws there. Little bit awkward. We'll invite you next time we snow shoe in this winter!

Lauren said...

I'm sure thanks to me and my kids' help....your white bread disappeared quick! It seriously was good- bravo! I really enjoyed my wheat bread too.
Little Josslyn's huge smile in the pumpkin carving pic is TOO cute!

The Chase's said...

Happy Birthday! How lucky are we to have you in our family! We sure do love you and appreciate all that you do for us. I wish I had as much energy as you. How do you do it all? You are pretty amazing. Send the bread recipes our way. I need to learn too! It looks really good.

Nat said...

Happy Birthday Danielle!!!!!