I can't believe how much my kids love the beach. They weren't afraid of the cold water and they wanted to spend all day out there. Braden picked up boogie boarding really well. He wasn't afraid at all. He would walk clear out into the ocean, wait for the perfect wave, and then jump on and ride it all the way back in. I was a little nervous for my 7 year old to have so much freedom in the ocean, but he was having the TIME O
F HIS LIFE. I have to say that I caught a few good waves too and it was so GREAT! I never thought I would get into surfing or body boarding, but it is pretty exhilerating to catch those waves.
We played games, bbq'd, spent time in the hot tub and walked the pier...the pier is the most interesting place I've been in a long time. There is such a diversity of people on the pier. You could fish off the pier without a license 24 hours a day soooo you know exactly where Stu and my dad and my brothers would be until midnight. They caught quite a few little fish.
12 comments:
I'm so jealous! It sounds like a blast and we are in DESPERATE need of a vacation. :O)
FUN! A beach house, that is the coolest! Looks like it was a ton of fun! Where were you guys in Cali? We were just there all last week too, I just havent posted yet, it is a crazy mad house when you get home from trips! I am sure you totally know what I'm talkin about!
It looks like you had a great time! I'm pretty jealous. We've actually looked into beach houses a couple of times. We'll get there one of these days!
How FUN! I'm so jealous!! I've never stayed in a beach house.. I SOOO want to! I LOVE the Wirig Fam!
lets just go back!!!
Growing up (teenage years) we would go with my moms side of the family to oceanside and do a beach house too. We had so many fun memories there. I wonder if it was the same place?
It looks like you had a blast. I can't wait for more pictures.
Yeah...that's a good idea. I would just leave the windows open all night long and listen to the waves....except I'm a security freak so it would have to be the second story windows, and only opened a tiny bit, with pvc pipe blocking them from being opened any further than that tiny bit....Yeah, I'll never really relax again.
Danielle! You are so sweet! You are incredible and Stuart seems like an amazing guy too, so you guys are the cool ones! I think we need to be friends that hang out too, who knows, maybe we will end up in St. George, I LOVE that place, that would be so fun!
What a great week! That sounds like so much fun!
The one good thing about living out here is being 45 min from the beach. We love it! (I still haven't let my kids on a boogie board so you are very brave!)
We go with friends to a great beach house, I just wish my family were here to enjoy it....
Southern california is always great! We rented a beach house in LaJolla... it was so much fun to be right on the beach and just relax as the waves roll in. I still can't decide what I like better though a hotel or a beach house since maid service doesn't come to clean the beach house. On vacation you aren't supposed to clean right.! Is that Michael in the picture the tall blonde one? I can't believe how tall he is..if that is him.
I had to change my blog because the crazies were getting to it. Sooo the last name is gone! This should take you to the new one!
How beautiful! What a fun trip, I cant wait till my boys are older and I can go on fun little trips with them.
Post a Comment