This last weekend was all about our oldest Braden. On Saturday he had a flag football game that he played really well in, and Saturday night he "MUTTON BUSTED"!! For all of you who don't know what mutton busting is, it is riding really big sheep in the rodeo. It's sort of like bull riding for kids. My boys have wanted to do it for years, and this year Braden was drawn to ride. He got boots, a bandana, cowboy hat, and a belt with a big buckle to wear and he was sooo nervous he couldn't even eat, but he Cowboy'd up and rode that sheep. (Of course our video camera was out of batteries) He won 2nd place and actually did really well. It was super fun to watch, and we had a lot of friends in the crowd cheering for him. The rodeo is HUGE here in S.G. and Saturday night always has like 10,000 people. Crazy eh?
Now for the really important stuff. Sunday was our primary program, and Braden was one of 5 kids who had to give an actual talk. He spent time thinking about it and came up with some really good ideas about how family home evening helps our families. He did a really great job! Cam also sang I'm a child of god loudly into the mic, and Mitchell had a small speaking part. I'm so proud of Braden and all our boys.
2 comments:
WOw. It sound like a busy weekend! I think that Braden sounds like a super awesome kid! Way to go on your Mutton Bustin' (did I say that right?).
This is my favorite time of year, and the primary program is one of the reasons. Glad yours went well and that the boys had a nice time.
Go Braden! I remember my brother Jack like 9 years ago rode the sheep at the Panguitch rodeo. So funny! He called himself "SuperJack" after that I think.
Post a Comment