
I'm into politics this last couple of years...part of the reason of my growing interest is I finally feel part of the "real" world; working and being responsible for paying taxes, having children including concerns about my childrens education, owning a home, healthcare and money and finally moral/religious issues. I think we too often think that politics is someone elses job, and I'm learning that the truth is that it is up to us to decide which direction our country goes.
I am extra interested after watching Sarah Palin nominee for Vice President speak her mind in the Republican National Convention. It's nice to see a young, beautiful, mother with a little bite. I feel like I can relate to her on many levels. Many of McCains policies aren't my favorite and he has done some things that I don't agree with, but together I think that they represent the best that we have available.
I'm not telling anyone who to vote for, just to do your research, find out what is important to you and find someone who best represents your beliefs and VOTE. We gotta do it!
10 comments:
Nice job! I am totally a McCain/Palin supporter. Like you said some of the things that McCain is for I don't love, but Palin I think will step up and be the best part of him. (I hope that makes sense.) She to me is a true American, just wanting to make this USA a better place to live in and be from.
I miss Hilary!
So I would have to say that I don't have one political bone in my body and I know that I should just for the reasons that you named. I didn't even hear any of the speeches, sad I know. I think you have helped me turn a new leaf, I should definitely become educated.
Hey awesome post by the way with photos of your house, I love that you just keep it real, good job.
I am with you on the McCain/Palin ticket. I was so impressed listening to her talk the day that it was announced she was on the ticket. If she is as good as she sounds, which I think and hope she is, then I am so excited to see her in action. I really hope Obama does not win, and I think Palin on McCain's ticket will really help McCain's odds of winning.
Danielle- I finally figured out how to find you! We have totally missed you! Thanks for the comments on the blog. I am excited to see what you all have been up to. Your kids are stinkin cute!
after reading this a second time, I still miss Hilary...
I AGREE! I am so excited for what she brings to the party. It is just what I always imagined "government" to be...someone who wanted to make a change and went out and got involved and made a difference! Let's keep our fingers crossed.
Hey, don't forget to plan that visit!
I am with you here too. I love Sarah Palin...I am really impressed with her. I wasn't sure who to vote for before on some issues....the more I learn and read....the more I can't vote for Obama.
I agree whole-heartedly. Now that I am a daddy:), I feel obligated even more to get involved in preparing a better future for my baby girl. Well, there's that, and I have always just been into politics. Love you!
amen sista! I really like Palin also. Not the biggest Mccain fan, but I agree that they should make a pretty great team!
Post a Comment