Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Funny little Mitch

Okay so Mitch is pretty funny these days. If you know him at all you know that he is a bit intense. There are two things that he is pretty intense about right now...Football (or whatever sport is in season) and the mail.

Mitch is basically obsessed with the mail. He comes home from school eats lunch and then sets off on his bike with a grocery bag and the mail key in hand to get the mail. It is so funny to watch since the mail box is quite a bit higher than he can reach so it takes several jumps to make sure that he has gotten every little piece of mail. Then it basically goes like this...Mitchell with a sad face; "Mom, I know, I know there is nothing in there for me."
and I always say "Well let's see. Sorry Mitch not today, but you can have this letter from Geico if you want." Then Mitchell says "Really? Thanks mom, but why does Braden or you get mail all the time and I don't?" It has progressively gotten worse and to the point of tears sometimes. Finally I called cute Aunt Kara and had her send him a letter and when it came you should have seen his face!! I thought it would make it better, which in some ways it did, but he is more intense than ever. Kara, We may have created a monster!

Okay and one quick story about football. Mitch isn't old enough to play football, but Braden is, soooo in true intense Mitch fashion he has been to every practice. At first it started with Mitchell walking the sidelines all practice, then he would walk right next (and I mean siamese twin close) to the coach and finally the coach started puting him in the line up. Thank goodness Bradens coach is so great and let's Mitch practice with them. Yesterday in practice Mitchells intensity was paying off and he was playing pretty well against the older boys. Finally the coach said "Come on guys can the whole team beat Mitch?" Again, you should have seen his face. All the other players were laughing and saying "Let's see what you can do little man." He thought he was the coolest kid ever when the coach had the whole team line up against just him. Let's just say the score at the end of this little drill was 5-0 with Mitch being the winner. He still can't stop talking about it!

3 comments:

SarJuh said...

Mitch is the man.
I guess we better send him a letter too! haha.

jayni & ben said...

Oh my gosh how cute is he?! I love little kids.

Nat said...

I love Mitch. What a fun kid. I need your address. Maybe we can send him a letter.