Wednesday, October 8, 2008

I'm just going to say it....


I HATE SHOPPING! There I said it. I've been pretending for years that I actually like spending my free time with my gal pals looking at all the things that don't fit, or I can't afford, but I am going to break free and say that the only thing I like shopping for is FOOD and even that isn't that fun! This probably explains why I don't have any cute clothes. I know that I am not your typical "girl", but I have had enough experience to know that everytime I go shopping I come home thinking that I look like a vagabond, and feeling somewhat depressed or discouraged. Part of my problem may be that there are NO stores where I live. I have to travel 2-4 hours to get to any stores that I remotely like. I don't like shopping for furniture, decorations, accessories, and especially clothes. Now don't get me wrong, I do love new outfits, I just don't like finding them. I think I may need a personal shopper. I set out today to find some cute clothes for our family pictures and after searching EVERY store in the area hauling around 3 kids, I went home feeling yucky and a bit ticked. I'll try again tomorrow. I guess, if I have too.

18 comments:

Kelli Proctor said...

I have to say that I LOVE shopping and I will volunteer to be your personal shopper if you want! I know the feeling of trying to match everyone for famly pics, that can get intense! I went all over the place tryng to find what I wanted and you know where I ended up finding all my clothes? Target, and Old Navy, those are always my trusty little stand bys that I know will always have something cute and cheap! Now, Nordstrom and Banana Republic are a different story. Just stick with the basics, and you cant go wrong! Good luck with the family pics, you will totally have to put them up on the site once you get them!

itsahalesofalife said...

I am so on the same page as you! I hate shopping!! Even when I had extra money to spend on nice clothes I never shopped because I hate it!However, I find shopping for furniture and home decore a blast.

Lauren said...

That's funny....I was out shopping today as well and pretty much had the same experience. Plus I find that I just wasted 2 1/2 hours of my day that I could have been accomplishing much more. I'm still adjusting to the limited St. George shopping- little hard for me!! Call me or I'll call ya- maybe we can adventure out together in misery.

lisa said...

I feel your pain! I like to go shopping for my kids or hubby, but I don't enjoy going for myself. I can never find anything I love or that fits right.
Next time you are up visiting family, we would love to see you! I know time is tight, so we'll understand if it doesn't happen. We are trying to make it to St George and Vegas for Thanksgiving, so maybe we can see you then. :)

The Brown's said...

Danielle I am shocked at your confession!! I know exactly how you feel! I love shopping for shoes because no matter what you eat they always fit:O)

adrienne said...

I hate clothes shopping, too! I'm glad to see there are a lot of us out there. I'm trying to figure out clothes for our family pictures as well and it is stressing me out, especially with our limited budget!

Amy said...

Ok, so I have to admit, when I saw the title of your post I totally thought it was going to say...........I'm pregnant! I was getting so excited for you, but I have to say, I don't really love shopping either because I am really kind of out of style and never know what the "cool" things are to buy. I think not only do I need a personal shopper, I need a personal dresser. HHHHMMMMM, if only we were rich huh?

Brigg and Dianne said...

I'm with you, Danielle! I sometimes really love shopping if I'm by myself, and without the stress of my kids (who try to touch things, run off, etc.) for clothes, food, whatever. But occasionally, if I'm on a mission to find something in particular, I never seem to find it and I get frustrated and tired. Better luck tomorrow!

Burdick Family said...

Well...I love shopping Derek says I am always happiest when I am spending money at Nordstrom! Oh well. Other things make me happy too, but I could buy one of each! Well as long as your hair and makeup look good the pics will look good no matter what you wear! The old stand by of jeans and white shirts is easy or you could do black or you and joslyn could wear pink and the boys could wear blue. Or go for a fall look with black sweaters for you and stu and blue or gray for the kids ok I know you have your own ideas...but there are mine...Have fun! Try to find someone to watch the cute kids while you go it will be much more enjoyable! Maybe because there is no Tiffin room with Lemon pie is why you don't like it! LOL!!!

SarJuh said...

AMEN SISTA...I HATE IT TOO...BAD

jayni & ben said...

I feel the same way. I hate it!!

Andrea Ingersoll said...

hahaha well it looks like you like shopping because you do ALWAYS have cute clothes so I don't know why you said that. Same though - I hate searching forever and forever to find something I like. I like getting something cute and having it, but I hate spending the money and I hate looking!

JBAR said...

Yes! I love what I am hearing!! That's the way to let it all out in the open. I also hate shopping, which I am sure doesn't suprise you one bit!

Trish said...

I feel your pain. I hate shopping...if it's not the clothes, then it's the money. It seems like when you have money to spend or a reason to buy you can't find anything. And when you aren't looking you find stuff but can't afford it.

Jennikunz said...

I never thought I would find a girl just like me.... I DESPISE shopping!

Lauren said...

I think that finding clothes for pictures is seriously SO stressful!! I'll be your personal shopper! Have you taken pictures yet? Are you going for dressy or casual and what colors are you leaning towards. I just went shopping (at the stores and online), so I could send you a few ideas if you want :)

Forsyth Family said...

My shopping curse is that when I do not have any money to spend I find all sorts of things I want--and then when I have a little extra mula--of course there is nothing I like!! My vote is that we are all allowed to wear pajamas anywhere we want!!!!

Jennikunz said...

I know you gave me your email.. now I can't find it. Can you re-give it to me? THANKSSSSSS