
On Saturday morning was the 32nd annual St. George Marathon...Me and my boys got up at 6am to meet at the park for the "lazy mans marathon" aka the Mayors walk. Basically you walk/run the last 3 miles of the marathon and then they give you breakfast and free stuff while you watch the real marathoners start to cross the finish line. My boys were real troopers and we had fun racing each other and cheering each other on. It was fun going with our neighbors the Wilsons too.


There really isn't anything as cool as watching the determination and the mastery that these athletes have over their bodies. It always makes me want to be a runner for about 5 minutes! It was a blast even though it rained and was windy. I want to give shout outs to all my people who actually finished the real marathon...Marianne and Lauren. Good work gals!
5 comments:
good for you - 3 miles is better than me who was sitting at home in bed!
I did the mayor's walk when I was 7 years old & tripped by the post office & didn't finish the race. I was such a baby!
great job Danielle! I am proud of you for getting all your boys out there to do that. You are such a great example and an awesome mom! Marathon or not, I think you are the awesomest!
I'm with you, I get motivated to run when I see stuff like that and then after about 5 minutes I think, um......no! But very cool that you did it with your boys, how fun.
I'm glad you guys had such fun with the walk! Ummmmm during that time...I was wishing I was with you guys and NOT at the top getting soaking wet and COLD (which it only got worse throughout the course) ahhh :) I was totally bummed I missed you at the finish line. But I know it was cold and wet with the kids. Thanks for ALL your support. And ANYTIME you want to join me....GREAT!! It really is addicting.
way to go Danielle, I think your a trooper just for getting the kids up that early. I hope you got some good tips for our marathon in 2010! Still waiting for that email--I should have been the one to mention to make sure you write me back! ha ha!
Post a Comment