Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Gripes or Gratitude


Okay so funny thing is that I started this post to gripe about how much I HATE LAUNDRY... then instead I was washed over with extreme gratitude. I have been caught many times complaining about the piles of laundry that I have to wash, dry, fold, iron, hang, and put away. I seriously have piles of laundry all over my house that even if it's clean, I never seem to put away. So instead I am going to make a list of the things about laundry that I'm grateful for...

1. I love the smell of clean laundry.

2. Warm socks, or sweatshirts right out of the dryer.

3. The fact that we are so blessed to have a variety of nice clothes. More than one pair of pants, socks, underwear etc... others ain't that lucky.

4. I am extra lucky to have 2 washers and dryers. One set upstairs one down. This is super nice and I know that I am blessed to have great appliances. I'm just grateful that I'm not outin some river rubbing my clothes up against a rock.
5. The fact that I have so many clothes proves that each one of my little people are here. I wouldn't sacrafice anybody in my ever growing family to have less laundry. They are worth every minute of work.
I'm not sure why I am so blessed, but I was grateful today to take one minute to thank my heavenly father for turning my gripes into gratitude.
I think I would like to turn this into a tag. November is a good month to remember what we are grateful for soooo....find one thing that you gripe about and turn it into something you're grateful for. I tag Kendra, Amy M., Natalie J., Shannon C., Jobi, Lisa F., and Jenni with an I!

6 comments:

Wilson Family said...

You have such a better out look on laundry than I do. I am sure that it will be my punishment when and if I make it to heaven. I will be the one in the "Laundry Room" looking for the un-matched socks!

Kelli Proctor said...

I love it, great job! That is not always easy turning something you want to complain about into something you LOVE! You are so awesome, thanks for your example!

Josh and Lauren said...

You do have a big heart when it comes to laundry and many other house hold duties! As I look over and see my piles of laundry that needs folding, I repeat in my mind, "I'm so grateful, I'm so grateful." When really I just need to be repeating that WHILE doing it! Thanks for keepin' us in the Thanksgiving spirit.

Jobi Niu said...

What a cute post/tag Danielle! I would give ANYTHING for 2 washers and dryers.. AWESOME!

itsahalesofalife said...

I am going private. PLEASE email me your email address so I can add you.
Thanks
Danielle
my email: daniegirl_@hotmail.com

Roseann said...

I love the perspective!