Tuesday, January 20, 2009

New President


I am full of many emotions today! I just finished watching the inauguration of President Obama. I won't pretend that I am excited to welcome this new President. I have many concerns about what is to come, and I wish I had more faith in him. I do however, plan on praying for him and I will give him the clean slate that he deserves.

I'm tired of negativity though. I was appalled today when President Bush walked out onto the inaugural stage, and the crowd boo'd and sang "hey hey hey Good bye"! What?! HE DESERVES MORE THAN THAT! How embarassing for us as citizens. I don't care how much you dislike someone's policies, that man served this country the best he knew how for 8 years!
We live in the best country in the world and I am so grateful for the freedom to express my opinion. God bless us all!

8 comments:

Amy said...

You know, I wished I would have seen the inaguration today, I had no idea that they boo'd President Bush, you're right, that is so embarrassing for us as American Citizens. I don't know how I feel about any of it, but all we can do it pray that things change for the better huh? I've missed you blogging lately girlie!

Jill said...

I'm with you. What's with the booing? Bad form if you ask me. He deserve some respect for just being willing to serve in the office at all.

Thanks for giving Obama a clean slate. My hope is that you are pleasantly surprised. It all remains to be seen.

jayni & ben said...

I agree with you. That is just so mean. I am not all that happy about Obama. But I guess I will give him a clean slate also. I guess there is nothing else I can do.

Wilson Family said...

It just goes to show what kind of people voted for him. I am really hopping he proves me wrong. Good Luck to the Man!

itsahalesofalife said...

Very well said! I agree with you.

Mel said...

I totally agree! We live in a country where we are free to have different opinions than other people, but there should also be a level of respect that goes with the office of the presidency.

By the way, I found your blog off of someone else's links and just wanted to say hello!

Roseann said...

I am still working on supporting our new president, I know I should. So I am right there with you, although I think you are doing better than me. Hopefully he will do honestly his best to bless this nation, and I hope he will listen to inspiration from God.

Josh and Lauren said...

Seriously- I was sick too! Too much to where I struggled to watch it- so just read about it later. It is always good to be positive- you're right about that.