Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Weekend of Inspiration


Well the title basically says it all. I bet you think I'm talking about conference, and trust me I am, but along with an AWESOME conference where I was truly inspired ie...Elder Hollands talk was AMAZINGhttp://www.lds.org/,I also had some other experiences this weekend that helped me to refocus on what is really important.
I had one of my good friends stop by for a visit while she was in town. It's always such a blast to reconnect with people, and if you really pay attention everyone has something inspiring about them. My friend found out a couple of years ago that she has Lupus. I don't know what ya'll know about this illness, but it really really stinks. It effects about every system in your body and causes extreme pain. She has had one baby, but has always wanted more. The dr.'s suggest that she shouldn't have any more children. She has worked really hard to get feeling good just to turn around and decide that having a baby is more important. I wish you all knew her! She never complains, and in fact she'll probably get mad at me for writing this because she would never tell a soul that she even has any sort of illness. After hearing her stories about hard times, and cruel people she still had a smile on her face and a positive attitude.


I find myself complaining over silly pregnancy related things like having to go to the bathroom too much, or headaches. I should just be grateful for my health, why can't I just be grateful?

3 comments:

The Brown's said...

oh.. you are grateful! I love inspiring stories that put into perspective our own lives

TOTALLY agree Elder Holland's talk was AWESOME!

sarjuh said...

Thanks! needed that! Love ya.. cant wait to see you guys! seriously, time to move up here I think

Jill said...

I just visited my cousin in France. She was telling me that the French have almost nothing to do with religion. She feels that the most sad thing about this is when you don't believe in God or aren't religious minded, you aren't grateful. It made me think about how lucky we are to have the church which helps to remember to be grateful. It's such a good thing to practice and be. It can be life changing.