I woke up on Mom's day feeling a bit sorry for myself...I'm not sure if it was the lack of the expected breakfast in bed, or thinking about my own mother and mother-in-law, who I wouldn't be sharing the day with, or the ever growing body that just didn't want to move, but I just was in a bit of a funk. Now add 4 rambunctious and rather busy kids into the mix, and also the responsibilities of being the Nursery leader and I have to admit I was a bit grumpy! I was irritated at the talks in church, because I kept telling myself how I don't fit the "good mom" mold that they were all talking about. I did enjoy my 3 boys singing the traditional mothers day songs during sacrament meeting though, and I did get to talk to my brother and sister, who are on their missions even though I thought I wasn't going to get to. The fun part of the day was that it was also, Joss's bday!
When we got home from the madness that was church, with my new plant, Stu made dinner and we ate outside. Then our neighbors came over and we opened presents with Josslyn, and had my fave ice cream cake. I can't believe that my girl is two! She is a blessing and by the end of the day I had come full circle to feeling grateful for the sweet kids and husband that I have. I truly am GLAD to be a MOTHER!
5 comments:
I think we'll all have days like that were we are just a little ornery. (At least I know I do!) I'm glad the day turned out good in the end and I can't believe that Joss is two!
I know this year we actually had talks that were about not being a perfect mom and that it's okay, what a relief. How fun that Joss is two, she is such a cutie!
I didn't even see you sunday. Sounds like you had the sunday morning blues. Happy to see they left by the evening. We should do lunch again before the kids are out of school and driving us crazy for the summer. Call me...have a fun sunny day
Happy Birthday to your little Princess! She looks so cute with her matching baby doll! You are a good mom we all have our "moments" of chaos! Oh well! Happy Mother's Day! You guys are too cute! Can't wait to see the new baby girl!
oh man i just love that dress!
Post a Comment