
So I know that many of you are in the same boat as our growing family... you know what I'm talking about...no MONEY! Stu and I spent hours, yes hours last night making our budget for the month and apparently we are house poor, soooooo I have a new game, it's called DON'T SPEND A DIME! No seriously, I am not spending any money this month, I have set my goals and I wanna prove to myself that I can actually do it. This means no eating out or shopping, and all my food money is cash. Once it's gone it's gone! I would love some words of encouragement with my new endeavor. Do you think I'll make it??
PS, Is it soooo sad when I'm really really excited to find and unopened sucker buried in the bottom of my purse? It's a bit sad.
18 comments:
I know you can do it. You have a very strong personality and are have been very strong influence for your family. Plus you have a husband who will probably nag you into it. He is a good guy, and very handsome, but definitely a nagger.
You can do it Danielle! You know why? Because, You're Good Enough, You're Smart Enough, and Doggone It, People Like You. And your wonderful husband will be there everyday to make sure you do it!
you go girl! I know it sounds hard but I know you can do it!!
How's the coupon thing going? I just went to a class on Saturday - I'm guessing its the same thing - GrocerySmarts. I'm excited to get going on it. I wish I had been saving my coupons the last few weeks, because there are a lot of deals I can't get right now. We have been trying to save as much money as we can right now too. We are doing the envelope method and no more credit cards. Its been kind of tough at times, but it has helped cut down spending so much!
We are in a similar boat this year since Jeff has had kind of a pay cut. (No over-time and no bonus) I know you can do it!
I toyed with the idea of buying no food for a month to see if I could live from my garden and my food storage. But the thought of a month of powdered milk gives me the willies.
Hey,I think everyone and their dog can relate to you these days with the way things are going with the economy. Do you guys listen to Dave Ramsey? He's our favorite money management guru. He has lots of great advice for managing your money the way God intended, but he does caution against being too tight within a budget. He said that you must loosen up a little bit in order to reach your money management goals. He says that all or nothing mind sets can backfire. So baby steps girl. Let yourself have a little fun but keep it resonable. Mike and I have to sit down tonight and budget for this month as well. Never my favorite night. Good luck girl!
You for sure can do it! Especially in St. George. For fun without spending money just go walk around downtown & go to town square to cool off. I did that daily!
Dave Ramsey's website has lots of budget helps.
you go girl. I love stuff like that. it feels so good to save and not spend. I think it is fun to find ways of getting around spending money. I believe in you!!
Thats awesome..you got it!
You can do it--but I speak from experience when I say don't be surprised if the car breaks down or the basement floods--you get the picture! The best thing I have learned from being on a budget is now I know where my money is going, and if it is in the budget and we have planned for it then it makes things much easier!! So try it for a month--then maybe budget in 20.00 for you a Stu to go out next month and celebrate your victory!!!!
Hmmm...I've been thinking, and I got nothin. (Dave is still patiently working with me) hee hee But after reading your blog, Dave thinks you should be my new best friend!
I think that is what my husband wants me to do also... not spend another dime for the month. Maybe I'll try it. I'm inspired by you! I should. I need to. I'm trying to talk myself into it. Let me know how it goes.
This is a great goal! I think you will soar high and love every minute of it! Can't wait to hear about all the fun FREE stuff you did with your kids!
You are amazing and we know you can do it!! Not eating out would be the hardest for me! Let me know how it goes! We love you and don't worry we will be house poor too!
you are so awesome Danielle! If anyone can do it you can! Good luck!
Soooo..... how is it going so far? I tried just going one week without buying ANYTHING a few months ago, and it was tough!!!! That is an awesome goal, I hope it's going well!
I want to know how you did? I have been trying to get us to do something like that but we are spendaholics and we eat out WAY too often. But you know what, we just need to say... do I want to live here or have McD's for dinner? (pretty sad we need to even avoid the cheap places!).
Post a Comment