Monday, December 8, 2008

Christmas Spirit...Where is it?


I am on a quest to really have the Christmas spirit this year. It seems the last couple of years have been sort of rough and since there has been a lot of change it was hard to do the "traditional" things that used to get me in the Christmasy mood. Soooo I started by getting all my shopping and cards done so that I don't have to stress about them this month, but now I'm stuck...What are some things you all do that helps you feel the "true" Christmas spirit?

7 comments:

Ashlynn {mamabear} said...

Finding a family who needs help. One year we gave a gas card to a friend who wanted to go home for C-mas but couldn't afford it. You can go big or small. This year we are buying grocery gift cards for my newly divorced sista ... keeping it in the family.

jayni & ben said...

Service always helps me out. Also in my old ward we use to put baskets together with all sorts of things and give it to families in the ward. We would give it to families in need and also just for families that just needed to feel loved. You can even go to all a dollar and get little things. It is the thought that counts most!!

Brigg and Dianne said...

Definitely service and traditions. You can just ask your bishop for names of people you can help, then get your family involved. And also keeping traditions going in your own home. December FHEs are so easy to plan. Make some spiced cider while watching a Christmas movie (a spiritual, religious one, or just something festive, like The Polar Express or something). We built a gingerbread house for FHE, we've decorated cookies, etc.

sarjuh said...

dress up like santa and dance around the tree, sucking on a candy cane, and laughing with a ho ho thrown in every so often, and listening to bells on bob-tails ring! works every time.. um, or just come up and play with us! :)

Amy said...

Oh you are so good Danielle, I feel the same, let me know if you come across anything great!

Hey thanks so much for the sweet words, you will never know how much it means to me, you are seriously such a sweetie! And we would LOVE a christmas card from you guys, is it weird that I don't want to put my address on here??? Sorry! But we are in the phone book and on dex, look in cedar hills! Anyway I want your address too okay! Can I find you just in St. George?

Michelle said...

We found the cutest advent calendar in the Children's friend. It has a story to read about Jesus every night until Christmas. We call them our nightly devotionals with a Christmas song and prayer. It has really helped us remember what the holiday is about because we are talking so much about HIM! It just makes me want to reach out to others, and be a little more patient with my kids(work in progress:) I was in a bit of a funk(very homesick) and this has really helped!
By the way, we just got your card...so cute!!

Jill said...

You have a blog! I'm thrilled to death about this! I love blogs for their ability to keep people in touch, and you're someone I really want to keep in touch with. Awesome! It was fun reading all your old posts. It made me miss you and your family though. I ask about you all the time when I'm around those sister-in-laws of yours.

I hope you're having a Merry Christmas and I hope you don't mind that I'm adding you to my blog reading list.