Hey there...Does anybody have any fresh ideas on what we can do for our family pictures. Ie...like what we should wear, where we should take them or how to get them to look halfway decent? I know there are some great picture takers out there, and I am ready for a good one for this one minute that I am actually not pregnant!
HELP!!!
6 comments:
I was trying to get my kids' pictures taken a while back, and I couldn't get them to cooperate for a group picture, so Saundra just followed them around and got some great candids. I have a friend who was trying to get family pictures done (she has 4 kids), and nobody was cooperating, so she and her husband started tickling everyone, and now they have one of the cutest family pictures I've seen. Definitely take them location-style rather than studio-style (I heard that works best with kids). Good Luck! Post some when you are done!
ok... here's what you do. You put everyones name in a fish bowl... then each memeber of your family takes a turn drawing a name, whomever you draw is the person you are to dress up like for the family picture. Like lets say your husband pulls out your daughters name he has to go to her closet and wear her clothes for the picture. If you pull out one of your sons.. you have to go to his closet and so on and so forth. It makes for a super cute picture and brings families closer.
K so ussually I would totally recommend my friend who always takes our pictures (the ones on my blog), I totally love her photography but since she is taking a little hiatus for the time I will suggest a couple that I have never used but seen their stuff and its pretty awesome. So, I feel totally weird not suggesting my friend, but check out these sites and see what you think, www.justinhackworth.com, and www.jbroadbentphoto.com. I think the Justin guy has some pretty artsy stuff, and the other girl seems to be really original. I LOVE the family all in black and white, really dramatic and classic but the other day I saw a way cute family pic that was all in Khaki and white! Loved it! Sorry this is so long but its something I have been thinking about a lot too because I want to get some pictures before I get pregnant again too! Good luck and sorry this was so long!
My friend Stacia Shaw has a photo business and she has taken all of kids/family pictures for 2 years now! She is great. She is out here in Santa Clara and will go anywhere. I think that she is reasonably priced. Check her out! She has two kids so she is takes AMAZING children pics. staciashawphotography.com I also have a link to her from my blog under friends. Good luck...if you do use her tell you are my friend;)
Just take a million and edit, edit, edit! I heard a general rule that for however many people are in the picture, you should take at least two pictures in each pose/location. Then you should get at least one where everyone is looking halfway decent. Sometimes it also helps to have someone, anyone, else taking the pics. Kids tend to behave better when a stranger is holding the camera.
Hey Danielle, it's Janet. I found your blog on Ashlynn's. :O) I really like the pictures we get with Deb. Her website is www.funnyfacephoto.com. She's been AMAZING at getting good pictures with all my crazy kids. She takes literally hundreds of shots and then gives you ALL the prints on a disk so you can do whatever you want with them (super cheap at Costco!). She's super busy though so you'd have to book as soon as possible.
Post a Comment