I just might loose it! This last couple of days has tested my patience and gag reflex remarkably. Besides having a sick baby...(throwing up for days) I have had a bit of a PEST problem at my house.

I was reading in my bed on Friday night when I heard a plastic bag on my floor. I thought it just must have been blown by the fan and didn't think much of it UNTIL something darted by and hid behind my decorative pillows that I had set on the floor. I shot up and was standing on my bed yelling for Stu, then I saw it again A MOUSE! I don't do well with mice. They scurry about leaving a trail of disease ( at least that is how I feel)! 

Stu grabbed a broom and in a sleepy stupor started swatting and chasing the mouse around the house. With each swipe of the broom I let out a yelp! Stu couldn't stop laughing at me. He was unsuccessful though, and he trapped it in our storage closet under the stairs and said he would get it the next day. I can't sleep with the thought of a mouse in the house!
The next day Stu started cleaning out the closet and there it was again. He trapped it and our neighbor came over to help. They barricaded themselves in the closet and all I could hear was banging and yelling and then it was over. The mouse had run himself into one of the traps we had set. I was sooooo relieved, but apparently my children were angry. They kept yelling that we were murderers and "how would you feel if we tried to kill you" Needless to say I spent the rest of the day disinfecting EVERYTHING!
The next day at church Cam chose to yell and I mean yell as loud at possible " YOU ARE SOOO MEAN DAD"..."YOU KILLED THAT MOUSE"! On the way home from church the boys asked if they could keep their church clothes on and have a funeral for "Ricky" their pet mouse. They picked flowers and stuck a stick in the ground where the mouse was buried. Kids are funny!

As a side note...Also on Saturday I was weeding and found a HUGE black widow spider and it's egg sack in our sprinkler box. It freaked me out BAD! I probably used a whole can of bug spray on it. SO SICK!
11 comments:
Danielle, if your wondering who was looking at your blog from Middletown, Delaware its your long lost cousin Michelle! I was looking at Janets blog and saw your name. Your family is so cute!
Its fun to see whats happening with family since we are so far away!! I just started a blog too.(I was getting in trouble for not sending pictures.) The link is http://kempkrew.blogspot.com
I hope you don't mind if I put your link on my blog. It was too fun seeing your family!
By the way...I hate mice too!
Yuck, that gave me the shivers just thinking about it! Of course I've had my own share of unwanted guests in my house the last month!
ohhh I feel your pain! I HAD A HORRIBLE COCKROACH EXPERIENCE LAST WEEK.
Haha. Your kids are so cute. I love it! Your stories make me laugh so hard. I hate anything that crawls real fast and is sneaky. Ewww sick!
I am with you. There is something about a mouse that makes you feel like someone has broken into your house! We saw a couple mice about a year or two ago and we finally got them to take out bait. I was surprised, cause I thought they lived with more than two mice around, but we haven't found evidence of more. So then my family made me feel like we were dirty and that was why! How rude! But the whole time (like a week) that we knew they were here and not dead, was YUCK. As for the spiders... hmmm well, I am much more mature and tolerant than when I was younger, but I HATE SPIDERS! I just hate them so bad. But I can bring my self to garden, just cause I try not to think about all the things I am surrounded by. I just have to kneel on something, so if there is something nearby, it does not crawl on me! I am also just waiting for a tarantula to walk by me while I am working. Then my yard would REALLY be neglected (it would take time to recover from that)! Hope you had a great weekend! heather G
I can just see Stu now! That is so funny. I really do hate mice too! Atleast it didn't die somewhere in your house and stink it up! Can't wait to see you this weekend!
You'll have to tell me about it Ashlynn...
let's just say it involved my sweet little baby - she can never know or she will think I am a horrible mom!
hahaha. I love that cam yelled that in church. Yeeah, pretty sure i HATE mice too! sick..i hope it didnt have babies in there :) cant wait to see you soon! BUNCO!
So sick! We had a mouse in our house here in SLC when we first moved in. Its the nastiest, most invasive thing. I'm with you and couldn't even sleep knowing it was around... in my kitchen though... even worse. I feel your pain. We never had another one though, so hopefully you are safe now. That was a very entertaining story.
Oh my gosh, I HATE MICE! We very surprisingly have never seen a mouse in our house, but I have a feeling our crawl space below is invested. We do have a serious spider problem though. It makes me sooooo sick!!! That is so funny your kids were mad at you for killing it and wanted a funeral. Kids ARE funny....
Post a Comment